Saturday, May 30, 2009

MoMA chi

At 7:45am this morning I unrolled a yoga mat in the garden of the MoMA. For real! Under the weeping willows, surrounded by some of the world's most exciting art. Two hours and many down dogs later I had a very long and exhilarating moment of chi for all. All of you FABULOUS HARDWORKING MM GALS! 
It was a very special New York morning and I was lucky enough to be there thanks to my friend Elena. We went to college together.  She is uber passionate about yoga and has cultivated an extremely loyal following in NYC. She practices at Virayoga -- virayoga.com. 
I don't know how to yoga -- since I've only done it once, 8 years ago. But it was truly inspiring. Especially when Elena shared her musings: 
Everything has a crack -- to let in the light. 
To be in service is to be liberated.
Enter as you wish to be received -- open, warm, joyous. 
Thoughts to live by indeed. 
Big chi saturday gals! We can do it -- YES WE CAN!

No comments: