Friday, May 15, 2009

And yet another Malia Mills fan!

Wow, Carol, that is so wonderful of you. Thank you, both for the gift certificate and for taking the time to email. Jen was so wonderful and patient and informative--even after my first email, in which I sent her technical pictures of me in my underwear so that she could judge my initial style choices. I can easily imagine that someone would wonder "who IS this customer???" but instead she was incredibly helpful and clear in her responses, which helped me make good choices. I read the Malia Mills statement of intent at the bottom of one of her emails, and I would say that my whole experience, including the final result of the way the suits fit and make me feel, and your kind response to my delight, exemplifies what you are trying to achieve: a respectful, inclusive, fun, interesting bathing-suit-buying experience. My gosh, how rare is that???

I would think that San Francisco would be great for a location....Oakland is getting very fun, too, near downtown. I found out about you in a piece on swimsuits in Real Simple, and immediately came home and looked up the website. I told Jen that I immediately got short of breath--I could tell that your designs were just what I was looking for. I'm interested in vintage clothing, and sew a lot of my own clothes, and so I've been dreaming of a bathing suit that still made me feel like me, and not like I was taking a painfully self-conscious hiatus from my personal style every time I needed to wear it. And I've had two kids, so I wanted to feel cute, and not too conservative, while dealing with the realities of a middle-age body!

I wish you all the best, and I'll do everything I can to spread the word. Thank you so much again, for your vision and your execution of it!

LM

No comments: